BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Michael Jackson's This Is It


I remember when I was first introduced to Michael Jackson. I was 8 or 9, just came back from London. My dad bought a new cd player with stereo and everything. We bought lots of CDs and VCDS, and one of them was Michael Jackson’s History Volume 1. I listened and watched to all of his songs, especially Beat It. Beat It remains my number 1 favourite. I loved the guitar solo!
Watching the music videos, what I remember most is trying to imitate his dance moves with my brother. I tried moonwalking and the dance in Remember the Time. It was successful but I slipped and fell down a lot. =P
It was during my holidays, and I was on my way back from my aunt’s house, listening to the radio playing Michael Jackson’s songs. I enjoyed it until the host said MJ had died. I was shocked. The moment I got home, I turned on E! and I watched Jermaine Jackson telling the world his brother had died.
I was sad and I teared up watching his memorial service when Paris Jackson spoke. It was so heart-wrenching.
Anyway, back to the movie. It was excellent. Two thumbs way up and five stars! If I could give more stars, I would because it was that good! Michael was in his own element. He was in control, he sang brilliantly. To those people who said he couldn’t sing anymore due to his nose, well, you’re wrong. And his nose looked perfectly fine to me. There was no hole in the middle of his face.
He did all his signature moves and his footwork was flawless. At one point, I just stared at his feet when he was dancing. It was light, smooth and perfect. He was 50 something but man, he still danced like he was young!
If he didn’t die, I have no doubt in mind that this concert would have been one of his greatest concerts of all time. Watching Michael in the movie, I had a sense that he was a perfectionist. And he was hands on with EVERYTHING. He knew all of his songs and he knew what he wanted to do in his concert. He even taught his dancers and he choreographed his own moves. (His dancers were amazing. They learnt their dance moves in just about 10 seconds. AMAZING!)
Michael was funny and also humble. He was telling his guitarist that this is her moment to shine and she was sharing the stage with him. The guitarist, a 24 year old Scarlett Johanssen look-alike, was awesome.
I knew that Michael Jackson liked to do mini movies for his music videos and he did a few for this concert, like Smooth Criminal and Thriller. The mini movie for Thriller was better than the old one! It was scarier, I actually got creeps watching the ghost hanging from the chandelier. The mini movie was intended to be 3D and the ghouls and mummies were scary.
The concert was all about bigger and better. There was fireworks, dancers jumping out from under the stage, Michael standing on the cherry picker (that was funny, we got a glimpse of Michael’s personality when Kenny Ortega was telling him to hold on), and fire blazing through the stage.
While watching him perform, I noticed that he had very nice jackets. Some of them were shiny, there was a pointy leather one (my brother liked that one! But i was more into the pinstripe one) but this was Michael Jackson. All of them had an expensive look on them. I also noticed he wore a watch, and for some reason that made me happy. He is normal like the rest of us. I was particularly annoyed with some of the people in the cinema who were criticizing Michael. Hey, if you watched this movie to insult him, you just better go buy the DVD and stayed at home.
Watching this made me want to attend one of his concerts LIVE and to those people who did, you’re very lucky. But at least I get to watch his last concert and it was amazing. He was passionate and enthusiastic. I also believed that he didn’t commit suicide, he was fit and healthy.
Michael Jackson, even though you’re not here anymore, your music still lives on in thousands of people. You’re undoubtedly the King of Pop and you’re the greatest performer in my eyes.
Rest in peace, Michael. <3

0 comments: